YHC 300 SSG - Impact Resistant and Blast Mitigating, Structural Silicone Glazed Curtain Wall System
Category: Curtain Walls
YHC 300 SSG (Structural Silicone Glazed) is a high performance curtain wall system designed and tested to meet the most demanding conditions. With varied infill and components, YHC 300 SSG can meet the requirements for Impact Resistance, Blast Mitigation or both.
The system features a 3” wide face dimension to permit the glass engagement necessary for higher design pressures and accommodates 1/4” to 9/16” single glazing or 1” to 1-5/16” insulating glazing. Snap-on face covers enable separate interior/exterior finishes for economic and/or aesthetic reasons. Two piece glass stops reduce costs and improve system performance. YHC 300 SSG allows structural silicone glazing of intermediate vertical members with captured horizontal members.
Hurricane Impact / Blast Mitigation / Non-Thermal
- Large & Small Missile
- Small Missile – 2 Sides Dry Glazed, 2 Sides Wet Glazed
- Large Missile is Wet Glazed
- ASTM E 1886 / 1996, TAS 201 – 203
- Tested to +/- 90 psf *
- Florida State-Wide Product Approval
- Miami-Dade County Notice of Acceptance
- Blast Mitigation
- Meets UFC 4-010-01 prescriptive standard in accordance with 2007 revisions
- Model 35H – “Low Hazard” per ASTM F 1642 Test @ 6 psi / 41psi-ms
*Contact YKK AP Engineering for Job Specific Wind Load analysis at higher levels.
Construction Use: New / Retrofit
Mullion Depth: Using Monolithic Glass Infill: 7-1/16" │ Using Insulating Glass Infill: 7-3/4"
Framing Installation Method: Shear Block
Glazing Installation: Outside / Structural
Glass Type: Monolithic / Insulating
Glass Configuration: Front