YHS 50 TU - Thermally Broken, Impact Resistant and Blast Mitigating Storefront System for Insulating Glass
YHS 50 TU is a high performance pre-glazed or field glazed storefront system designed for insulating glass 1" to 1-5/16" thick and tested to meet the most demanding conditions.
With varied infill and components, YHS 50 TU can meet the requirements for Impact Resistance, Blast Mitigation or both. YHS 50 TU is thermally broken by means of a poured and debridged pocket that employs ThermaBond Plus® to greatly improve the adhesion of the polyurethane to the extruded aluminum. The system features the Model 35H entrance door with maximum-security dead bolts or optional exit devices for egress requirements. A pre-glazed option is now available along with the field glazed system.
Thermally Broken / Hurricane Impact / Blast Mitigation / Rapid Building Envelope
- NEW Pre-Glazed Option along with Field Glazing – both available as Inside or Outside Glazing
- Large & Small Missile
- Small Missile is Dry Glazed
- Large Missile Wet or Dry Glazed
- Blast Mitigation
- “Low Hazard” per ASTM F 1642 Test @ 6psi / 41psi-ms
- ASTM E 1886 / 1996, TAS 201 – 203
- Tested to +/- 70 psf *
- Florida State-Wide Product Approval
- Approved for High Velocity Hurricane Zone
- Sill Flashing with 3pt attachment, no blind seals and taller back leg for better water resistance
*Contact YKK AP Engineering for Job Specific Wind Load analysis at higher levels.
Construction Use: New / Retrofit
Mullion Depth: 5"
Framing Installation Method: Screw Spline
Glass Type: Insulating
Thermal Method: Pour and Debridge
Sea Scout Base Galveston
On the shores of Offatts Bayou in Galveston, Texas, a five-story, 60,000-square-foot-building rises above the neighboring structures. The building, Sea Scout Base Galveston, is a state-of-the-art learning center designed to cultivate youth interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) topics, as well as sailing.View Project