YOW 225 TUH - Thermally Broken, Impact Resistant and Blast Mitigating Operable Window
Category: Architectural Windows
Performance boosting YOW 225 TUH windows now feature oversize window options and expanded installation options while providing an increase in school security over safety glazing.
These additions eliminate job specific engineering and testing as maximum vent size increased from 15 SF to 24 SF with cost effective .090” PVB for LMI.
Product specifications for YOW 225 TUH include openings to 7’-9” tall singles and doubles, or continuous window runs with stacking mullions. For larger openings, the operating windows can be installed in YKK AP impact rated storefront and curtain wall systems. the most cost effective and weather resistant configuration is a double casement in a master frame featuring a reduced sight line and no secondary penetrations of mullions or sill starter.
Thermally Broken / Hurricane Impact
- 2-1/4” Frame Depth Casement Outswing, Project Out, & Fixed
- Meets IBC requirements for all wind zones
- Florida Product Approvals 16312, 16313, 16314 – High Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ) and Wind Zone 3 (WZ 3)
- Accepts 1” insulating glass
- Factory glazing and screens
- Heavy Duty Hardware Standard
- Multi-Point Hardware Standard on Casements
- Large Missile Impact with .090” PVB
- Small Missile Impact with .060” PVB
Construction Use: New / Retrofit
Window Configurations: Casement Outswing / Fixed / Operable - Project Out
Frame Depth: 2-1/4"
Glass Type: Insulating
Thermal Method: Pour and Debridge
Sea Scout Base Galveston
On the shores of Offatts Bayou in Galveston, Texas, a five-story, 60,000-square-foot-building rises above the neighboring structures. The building, Sea Scout Base Galveston, is a state-of-the-art learning center designed to cultivate youth interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) topics, as well as sailing.View Project