Building a Better Tomorrow, Today - Video Competition
Read Press Release
Create a Video about Building a Better Tomorrow and Be Eligible to Win $2,500
$1,500 in cash and a $1,000 donation on your behalf in support of
U.S. Green Building Council Philanthropic Programs
Create a 120 second video about an idea, design, product, or project on how America can enhance the built environment for generations to come from an energy-savings, green-building, or sustainability perspective. The video can be about something in the conceptual phase or something already realized in the built environment. Make your video fun, smart, and entertaining.
Produced video must be posted to YouTube as a video response to YKK AP’s Building a Better Tomorrow, Today video. The default setting for video upload is public view. If participants choose to submit video’s under the “private” setting, they must share and send the video to user YKKAPvideo. You will need to have a YouTube account in order to do this. For more information on how to post a video response, go to this YouTube help page.
Contest opens September 1, 2010
Deadline for submissions: 11:59pm EDT, October 15, 2010
- The Video must be maximum 120 seconds in length; and include a visual and/or
verbal mention of "Building a Better Tomorrow, Today".
- The Video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind and should be an original creation developed for the competition.
- The Video must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or license infringement.
- The Video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or U.S. Territory where the Video is created.
- By submitting an entry, participants agree to abide by Youtube Terms of Service, and allow the sponsor to use the video in connection with promotion of the competition.
- By submitting the Video into this competition, participants hereby grant YKK AP the royalty-free nonexclusive right to use the content of the Video and elements embodied within the Video, in whole or in part, worldwide, in any media without limitation and without consideration or acknowledgment to the entrant. YKK AP is not assuming any obligation hereunder to broadcast or distribute any video submitted into the contest.
Following the deadline for submissions, an independent panel of judges will view the videos for accuracy of the information in each video and its adherence to the video requirements and themes shown above. Entries must not exceed 120 seconds to pass the screening process. See our FAQ page for more information.
The panel of judges will then choose the winner and runners up among the videos submitted. Winners will be contacted through their Youtube account.
- Message and appropriateness to theme (50%)
- Creativity (30%)
- Entertainment value (20%)
- One grand prize of $1,500 cash and a $1,000 donation to USGBC Philanthropic Programs on behalf of the winner
- At the discretion of the sponsor and judges, two runners up may be awarded an Apple iPad
- Top video(s) may be featured in various media outlets and web sites
- Must be US resident, resident of Puerto Rico, or resident of a U.S. territory.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cannot be, nor have an immediate family member as a YKK AP or YKK Group employee, contractor, or vendor.
YKK AP America Inc.
7680 The Bluffs, Suite 100
Austell, GA 30168