YHC 300 OG - Impact Resistant and Blast Mitigating, Outside Glazed Curtain Wall System
Category: Curtain Walls
YHC 300 OG is a high performance curtain wall system designed and tested to provide innovative impact and blast solutions for a wide range of applications and design pressures from 45 PSF all the way to 130 PSF.
The 3” face dimension ensures recommended glass clearances are maintained. Dry glazing options (for all design pressure ranges) slash installation time for quicker building dry-in.
“Essential Facilities,” such as hospitals, fire stations and shelters, must remain functional during a storm. Evacuation isn’t practical or even possible in many cases. The ASTM E 1886 / 1996 standard provides a test protocol for “Essential Facilities” that for years was not economically feasible for glazed products. At 80 feet per second, a Level E missile impact produces more than twice the impact energy of the widely recognized Large Missile Level D.
Design flexibility was a priority in the development process. Maximum glass size is 5’ x 8’ and can be incorporated into typical single span and multiple span applications. The combination of system design, dry glazing and inner layer selection has enabled us to offer the most price competitive “Essential Facility” system in the market.
Hurricane Impact / Blast Mitigation / Rapid Building Envelope / Non-Thermal
- Fully tested to ASTM and TAS standards
- Florida Product Approvals for large and small missile impact including HVHZ applications
- Mullion options provide the most cost effective solutions across all pressures and design applications
- 15/16” glass bites maintain GANA guidelines of 1/4” clearance to reduce glass breakage
- Designed for single and multispan applications
- Achieve 17’ single spans at 90 PSF
- Accommodates monolithic and insulating glass
- Dry glazing eliminates cure time, dust settling on uncured sealant and helps to ensure proper glass/frame integration
- Shallow Mullion Option Available
Construction Use: New / Retrofit
Mullion Depth: Varying system depths are based on chosen building design pressures.
Framing Installation Method: Shear Block
Glazing Installation: Outside
Glass Type: Monolithic / Insulating
Glass Configuration: Front
Sea Scout Base Galveston
On the shores of Offatts Bayou in Galveston, Texas, a five-story, 60,000-square-foot-building rises above the neighboring structures. The building, Sea Scout Base Galveston, is a state-of-the-art learning center designed to cultivate youth interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) topics, as well as sailing.View Project