AIA Atlanta Announces Winners in 2018 High School Design Competition
The Atlanta chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Atlanta) and presenting sponsor YKK AP America Inc. together announced the winners of the 2018 High School Design Competition (HSDC).
In its 13th year, the competition featured an introductory level and advanced level to accommodate students’ varying levels of experience. For the first time, the advanced level included group entries. Following more than 200 submissions from 20 schools, winners were revealed on April 17, during a ceremony hosted by event sponsor Georgia Institute of Technology’s College of Design. Awards were bestowed as follows:
- First: Megan Janssen; Decatur High School
- Second: Samuel Amick; Decatur High School
- Third: Brian Lopez; Collins Hills High
- Honorable mention: Evan Pritchard; Decatur High School
- Honorable mention: Jacob Ocasio; McIntosh High School
Individual Advanced Level
- First: Jared Abrahamian; Union Grove High School
- Second: Trey Cruz; Union Grove High School
- Third: Robert Hunter; Chattahoochee High School
- Honorable mention: Abbie Cook; Union Grove High School
- Honorable mention: Eric Twilley; Chattahoochee High School
Group Advanced Level
- First: Walker Barrett and Ryan McBride; McIntosh High School
- Second: Nikol Lazarob, Max Pakula and Campbell Wellham; Wheeler High School
- Third: Oscar Cleveland, Julian Daniel and Hank Stocke; Decatur High School
- Honorable mention: Cameron Blake, Eduardo Martinez and Ricardo Martinez; Jackson County High School
About AIA Atlanta
Founded in 1906, AIA Atlanta is a professional organization advocating for architects, designers and students in Metro Atlanta. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards. AIA Atlanta provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers, as well as engaging civic and government leaders, and raising public awareness about the built environment.
About YKK AP America Inc.
YKK AP America Inc. is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial façade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next generation manufacturing and create value for architectural applications. Driven by a desire to provide exceptional service in our markets, YKK AP America builds upon our foundation of advanced engineering, vertically integrated manufacturing, and customer focus to deliver the highest level of quality at a competitive price. Headquartered in Austell, Ga., all building products are manufactured in our world-class production facilities located in Dublin, GA. and Macon, GA. YKK AP America Inc. is a subsidiary of YKK Corporation of America, whose parent company is global manufacturer YKK Corporation of Japan.
News and Events
YKK AP Recognized by 2021 Window + Door Awards
YKK AP America receives Honorable Mention for Most Innovative Manufacturing Processes VIENNA, VA, Dec. 15, 2021 — Window + Door magazine has announced the winners of the 2021 Window + Door Awards. The awards program recognizes the best products in the residential fenestration industry. “We are proud to honor this year’s products after suspending last […]
YKK AP Inc. Releases 2021 Integrated Report
Introduces efforts to solve social issues through business activities with a newly formulated purpose,“We Build a Better Society through Architectural Products” Nov. 18, 2021 – YKK AP Inc. has issued its annual report, “YKK AP Integrated Report 2021.” The report serves as a communication tool for all stakeholders such as customers, business partners, and local […]
YKK AP America Earns Honorable Mention in DWM Magazine 2021 Green Awards
As editor Nathan Hobbs of Door and Window Market Magazine put it, “With COVID-19, labor shortages and supply chain issues bearing down, this year could be an easy time to set aside any goal that doesn’t pertain to getting the job done. But the industry has proven that—even amid such challenges—companies aren’t backing away from […]