AIA Atlanta Announces Winners in 2018 High School Design Competition
The Atlanta chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Atlanta) and presenting sponsor YKK AP America Inc. together announced the winners of the 2018 High School Design Competition (HSDC).
In its 13th year, the competition featured an introductory level and advanced level to accommodate students’ varying levels of experience. For the first time, the advanced level included group entries. Following more than 200 submissions from 20 schools, winners were revealed on April 17, during a ceremony hosted by event sponsor Georgia Institute of Technology’s College of Design. Awards were bestowed as follows:
- First: Megan Janssen; Decatur High School
- Second: Samuel Amick; Decatur High School
- Third: Brian Lopez; Collins Hills High
- Honorable mention: Evan Pritchard; Decatur High School
- Honorable mention: Jacob Ocasio; McIntosh High School
Individual Advanced Level
- First: Jared Abrahamian; Union Grove High School
- Second: Trey Cruz; Union Grove High School
- Third: Robert Hunter; Chattahoochee High School
- Honorable mention: Abbie Cook; Union Grove High School
- Honorable mention: Eric Twilley; Chattahoochee High School
Group Advanced Level
- First: Walker Barrett and Ryan McBride; McIntosh High School
- Second: Nikol Lazarob, Max Pakula and Campbell Wellham; Wheeler High School
- Third: Oscar Cleveland, Julian Daniel and Hank Stocke; Decatur High School
- Honorable mention: Cameron Blake, Eduardo Martinez and Ricardo Martinez; Jackson County High School
About AIA Atlanta
Founded in 1906, AIA Atlanta is a professional organization advocating for architects, designers and students in Metro Atlanta. Members adhere to a code of ethics and conduct to ensure the highest professional standards. AIA Atlanta provides members with tools and resources to assist them in their careers, as well as engaging civic and government leaders, and raising public awareness about the built environment.
About YKK AP America Inc.
YKK AP America Inc. is a technology-oriented manufacturer of commercial façade systems and residential doors and windows. With every finished good, we push the boundaries in next generation manufacturing and create value for architectural applications. Driven by a desire to provide exceptional service in our markets, YKK AP America builds upon our foundation of advanced engineering, vertically integrated manufacturing, and customer focus to deliver the highest level of quality at a competitive price. Headquartered in Austell, Ga., all building products are manufactured in our world-class production facilities located in Dublin, GA. and Macon, GA. YKK AP America Inc. is a subsidiary of YKK Corporation of America, whose parent company is global manufacturer YKK Corporation of Japan.
News and Events
YKK AP Takes Home 2021 Glass Magazine Award
Glass Magazine announced the winners of the 2021 Glass Magazine Awards. The prestigious glass and metal industry awards program honors companies in 14 categories, and this year’s winners present a remarkable industry that is still innovating, still growing and still building. “This year’s winners show why glass is the best material choice for performance, strength, […]
YKK AP Presents 2021 Core Values Awards Winners
At YKK AP, our core values are at the heart of our business. Each year, we present the Core Values Awards to employees who live out our values daily – building experience to create success, being a person of trust, integrity, and respect, and insistence on quality in everything they do. This year, we are […]
YKK AP America Inc. Raises Minimum Wage to $15 an Hour
New minimum wage is effective beginning this Labor Day, Sept. 6 AUSTELL, Ga. (Aug. 30, 2021) – YKK AP America Inc. (YKK AP), a leading manufacturer of award-winning commercial facade systems and residential doors and windows, today announced it will raise its minimum starting wage to $15 an hour. The change will be effective beginning […]