ThermaShade® Sun Control System for Curtain Walls and Storefronts
Category: Sun Control
The YKK AP ThermaShade® system is designed to improve comfort and lower energy consumption by decreasing solar heat gain. Designers now have a solution that can be applied to both curtain wall and storefront facades to maintain a consistent appearance across the building envelope.
The expanded line allows designers to maintain the functional benefit of the legacy system while offering a new, industrial, design option. All systems are available in all YKK AP standard and premium finishes.
When integrated with YKK AP’s thermally broken systems, our innovative anchoring methods ensure that the thermal performances of the host systems are maintained. The ThermaShade system features a thermal barrier within the attachment anchor. Pre-engineered solutions provide extensive flexibility for design freedom, speed of delivery, and installation.
- Integral Hook Mechanism on Outriggers to Simplify Installation and Reduce Field Labor
- Over One-Hundred Pre-Engineered Solutions
- 24”, 30” and 36” Projections
- Four Standard Outrigger Designs
- Eight Standard Louver Options
- Five Standard Fascia Options
- Standard Configurations Listed in Price Book
- Standardized 90° Inside and Outside Corners on Curtain Wall
Construction Use: New / Retrofit
Thermal Method: Pour and Debridge