ALL OF THE BEAUTY, NONE OF THE HASSLE
Caring for your YKK AP Residential Windows and Patio Doors
YKK AP residential windows and patio doors are virtually maintenance free. An occasional cleaning with a cloth and mild detergent is all it takes to keep them looking great. Window and door care should be simple so your weekends are filled with fun, not work.
Homeowners should periodically inspect their windows and patio doors for cracks or damage, ensuring smooth operation and maximum warranty coverage.
CLEANING AND GLASS CARE
- The best way to clean windows is to use a sponge with mild soap and water. Using uniform pressure, wipe horizontally then vertically, working top to bottom. Quickly rinse and wipe dry with a lint-free cloth. Don’t allow cleaning solutions to collect.
- When cleaning exterior, multi-story windows, begin with the highest story and work your way down, cleaning and rinsing one area at a time.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Avoid harsh detergents or solvents, metal tools, razor blades or other sharp objects on vinyl or window surfaces.
- Avoid power washing or using a garden hose on windows to prevent seal failure.
- Avoid cleaning in direct sunlight or during extreme temperatures.
- Avoid excessive rubbing or over-cleaning.
- Avoid applying aftermarket tints or films to prevent damage to the glass and/or sealant.