Caring for Your YKK AP Residential Windows and Patio Doors
All of the beauty, none of the hassle
Fill your weekends with something fun, because YKK AP residential windows and patio doors are virtually maintenance free! That means no painting or sealing—ever.
An occasional cleaning with a cloth and mild detergent is all it takes to keep them looking their best. Periodic inspections for cracks and any damage will help ensure your windows and doors last—and you reap the benefits of smooth operation and warranty coverage.
Helpful Hints for Stellar Results
- Clean with mild soap and water and sponge or a soft brush with uniform pressure horizontally, then vertically. Work from top to bottom.
- Quickly rinse and dry any run-down. Don’t allow cleaning solutions to collect or puddle on vinyl surfaces, crevices, etc.
- Wipe dry with a lint-free, dry cloth.
- When cleaning exterior, multi-story windows, begin with the upper story and work down.
- Clean and rinse one area at a time.
What Not to Do
- Don’t use harsh detergents or solvents, metal tools, razor blades or other sharp objects on vinyl or window surfaces.
- Don’t power-wash windows or use a garden hose, which can cause seal failure and allow water to enter your home.
- Avoid cleaning in direct sunlight or when it’s too hot or cold outside.
- Avoid excessive rubbing and over-cleaning.
- Don’t apply after-market tints or films, as they can damage the glass and/or sealant