Terms and Conditions of Use
Documents and Content on this Website
- All documents and content (the “Documents”) are provided on an “as is” basis and YKK AP hereby specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty or implied warranty of merchantability, accuracy, appropriateness, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- The documents on this website may be changed or deleted at any time without notice.
- The Documents, including portraits and other graphical displays, on this website are protected by Copyright Law and other applicable laws, and YKK AP and/or other YKK Group Companies (the YKK Group) owns such rights or has the right to use such material contained on this website. Except as expressly allowed pursuant to applicable law, the Documents on this website may not be used for any purpose including, but not limited to, reproduction, transmission and change, without the prior written consent of YKK AP and/or the YKK Group.
- The use of the “YKK” trademark on this website, and other trademarks, logos, and brand names of the YKK Group without the prior written consent of their respective owners is strictly prohibited.
- You may not link to this website without the prior written consent of YKK AP. If you want to link, please contact YKK AP prior to creating any link. YKK AP may refuse any request to allow links to this website at its sole discretion.
- All third party websites (including, but not limited to, websites of YKK AP and the YKK Group) linked to this website and linked from this website, are not under the control of YKK AP and/or the YKK Group. In no event shall YKK AP and/or the YKK Group be liable to any party for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of any third party website linked to or linked from this website.
In no event shall YKK AP and/or the YKK Group be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (even if YKK AP and/or the YKK Group has been advised of the possibility of such damages), whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of the documents on this website.
Before YKK AP collects any personal information regarding you, YKK AP will let you know the purpose for collecting such information and shall manage such information appropriately and will not disclose such information to third parties without your consent. Upon receipt of a request to confirm or revise your personal information, YKK AP will use reasonable efforts to respond to your request.
When accessing our website, we will learn certain information about you during your visit. Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at our website, websites visited just before and just after our website, and your IP address.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store the text document in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, and by mail and telephone.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
We use personal information for the purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers. We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
How Do We Protect Your Information and Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL.
We use Google Analytics software to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.